Lake Stevens is a growing community with new and exciting opportunities arriving all the time. It can be overwhelming trying to wade through the different types of land use and development permits, so here, you will find links to apply for most of our available permits, submittal requirements, informational forms, and fees. If you have questions or can’t find what you’re looking for, contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
NEW! With the City adopting the 2021 Building Codes and implementation starting July 1st, 2023, it is the City's goal to bring the builders, design professionals, and homeowners in our community up to date. More information will be provided here in the next coming weeks.
Lake Stevens now has online permitting available for all of our commercial & residential building, mechanical, plumbing, demolition, and re-roofing permits, including Fire Alarm and Fire Sprinklers. Please go to the Apply for Permit Online link (in the upper right corner of this page) and choose option 13 - FIRE PERMITS. Additionally, we are now accepting Land Use Applications through the online portal.
Who can apply?
You must be either the property owner, an agent of the owner, or a Washington State licensed contractor.
Types of online permits available:
As of September 2020, all building and demolition permits associated with commercial & residential projects are available for online submission as well as all land use applications.
*Electrical permits are issued by Washington State Labor & Industries. You can find their permitting info HERE
How to apply online for a permit:
- First-time users must create an online account at the Citizen’s Connect website before you can log-in and apply.
- Log-in and follow the prompts to fill in the required information on the application.
- Submit your application. This sends the application to City staff for a completeness and accuracy review, which is typically completed within 3 business days*. (*Depending on workload and staffing conditions)
- Watch for a return email letting you know that your application has been accepted and invoiced for payment. You can use your MasterCard or Visa to process and provide payment.
- Once approved and issued, you MUST print a copy of your approved permit packet (which can be found in the “Attachments” section when viewing your permit online), including stamped plans, and have onsite and available for inspectors.
- To schedule an inspection please Sign In/Register on the Citizen’s Connect Website and scroll down to “Inspections”. A video tutorial is also available HERE