Requesting Public Records
SUBMIT ONLINE: Submit your records request here!
Please visit the City's Open Public Records Portal to make your request – to enter the portal and submit your request for public records through NextRequest!CLICK HERE
The City of Lake Stevens strives to provide its citizens with an effective and accountable municipal government. To reach this goal, the City is dedicated to providing citizens with access to public records in an efficient manner while still fulfilling legal requirements.
Once you have submitted your request, you will receive a response within five business days. If the public records you requested are readily available, you may receive the requested material at that time. If your request is more complex or possibly contains confidential information, you will be informed when your request will be available. See RCW 42.56, Public Records Act.
Please email/call the appropriate office for questions only; submit requests for public records through the NextRequest Portal (link above).
For Police Department Record Questions:
Police Records Division
For City Hall Record Questions (non-police)
City Clerk’s Office
CITY HALL IS NOW OPEN
Ref: Resolution 2021-03
Schedule of Miscellaneous Fees and Fines
Fee or Fine ($)
Duplication of Public Records: (postage/delivery costs extra)
- In-house Copying of City documents for the public.
- In-house Copying of City documents to pdf when original document is not in electronic format.
- Electronic files or attachments uploaded to e-mail, cloud-based data storage service or other means of electronic delivery.
- Transmission of public records in an electronic format or for the use of agency equipment to send the records electronically. The City shall take reasonable steps to provide the record in the most efficient manner available to the agency in its normal operations.
- Digital storage media or device provided by the City, the actual cost of any container or envelope used to mail the copies to the requestor and the actual postage or delivery charge
- In-House duplication of City documents to CD, such as
- Documents or CDs printed by outside vendor
- Maps - Duplication of maps less than 11”X17”
- Maps - Duplication of maps greater than 11”x17” and
- Special requests for plotted maps, aerials, plans, etc. (each)
- Audio recordings of meetings:
- Color photos (cost to reproduce)
- Certified copy of a public record
For all records duplication and/or transmission, first $5 cumulative waived
$1 extra for copy to CD
5¢ per each four electronic files or
10¢ per gigabyte
Actual cost to reproduce (minimum deposit required); requestor may arrange to pay outside vendor directly)
$1 per square foot for in-house printing or actual cost if sent out to reproduce
Actual cost to reproduce
$5 for 1st Page and $1 each after the 1st Page
Dishonored Check Fine (in payment of City services)
City of Lake Stevens Public Records Policy
RCW 42.56, Public Records Act