The City has been working with Snohomish County to transfer ownership of Wyatt Park and are excited to share that it is close to being complete. We want to hear your suggestions for a name once it is under City management. Please keep in mind the City has a policy for naming parks that includes some criteria in selecting a name such as.
1. The name should represent the unique historical significance of the site; or,
2. The name should reflect some unique natural quality or feature of the area; or,
3. the name may identify a nationally or internationally recognized person who has had a positive influence on the world; or
4. The name may honor a group of people or event from our local or national heritage; or,
5. The name may recognize a local citizen who has contributed to the betterment of the city, or who has played an important role in the development of the community.
Please submit any suggestions you may have to Jill Meis, Parks Planning and Development Coordinator at email@example.com. Suggestions will be submitted to the Park and Recreation Planning Board for their consideration at a public hearing to be held at 10518 18th Street SE, Lake Stevens, on February 10, 2020 at 6:00pm.