Kudos to City Councilmember Kim Daughtry! He was selected by his peers to serve as chair of the Community Transit Board of Directors for 2021.
Mukilteo City Councilmember Joe Marine was selected as the board’s vice-chair, and Arlington City Councilmember Jan Schuette was chosen as secretary.
The Community Transit board is comprised of nine elected officials from Snohomish County and the cities within the transit agency’s service district, as well as a labor representative selected by the agency’s bargaining units.
Board members for 2021 include:
- Arlington City Councilmember Jan Schuette, Board Secretary
- Labor Representative Lance Norton
- Lake Stevens City Councilmember Kim Daughtry, Board Chair
- Lynnwood Mayor Nicola Smith
- Marysville Mayor Jon Nehring
- Mukilteo City Council Member Joe Marine, Board Vice-Chair
- Snohomish City Councilmember Tom Merrill
- Snohomish County Councilmember Stephanie Wright
- Snohomish County Councilmember Jared Mead
- Stanwood City Councilmember Sid Roberts
Board alternates include:
- Brier City Councilmember Mike Gallagher
- Bothell City Councilmember James McNeal
- Edmonds City Councilmember Kristiana Johnson
- Mountlake Terrace Mayor Kyoko Matsumoto Wright
- Snohomish County Councilmember Nate Nehring
Community Transit is responsible for providing bus and paratransit service, vanpool, and alternative commute options in Snohomish County. The agency is building a network of Swift bus rapid transit lines with Swift Blue Line serving Highway 99 between Everett and Shoreline; Swift Green Line serving Bothell-Everett Highway, 1228th and Airport Road between Bothell and Boeing/Paine Field; and the new Swift Orange Line coming to Mill Creek and Lynnwood in 2024.