The City has been planning for the park use at the site located at 8629 20th Street SE and the adjacent parcels along the powerline corridor for a dog park, trailhead, athletic fields, playground, and other amenities.
City staff sent out a survey to the community requesting feedback on playground equipment, trails, and design elements. The Parks and Recreation Planning Board hosted a virtual open house on June 14th to discuss design elements and get real-time feedback from participants. The participants were asked the same questions from the survey in a live poll.
The City would like to thank the participants for their help in providing vital feedback to shape our public spaces. See the results of the survey responses below:
- Wood playgrounds are the first choice - composite - 73, wood - 79, concrete - 16
- 5 - 12 is the age range preferred for playground use - ages 2 - 5, 47, ages 5 -12, 121
- Composite furniture is favored over wood - wood - 39, composite - 134
- Benches are the preferred option inside the dog park - picnic tables - 16, benches - 134, no biped amenities - 26
- Natural features are a favorite over prefabricated dog park play - prefabricated - 50, natural - 126
- Looped trail is preferred over figure 8 - looped trail - 134, figure 8 - 41
- Attached and detached shy dog areas are close among those surveys collected so far - option A (separate) - 70, option B (attached) - 95