The Mayor is requesting letters of interest from individuals willing to serve on the City Council to fill an unexpired term of office held by City Council Member Shawn Frederick, whose resignation is effective December 16, 2022.
- Individuals interested in serving must reside within the Lake Stevens city limits and a registered voter.
- Interviews will be conducted by the City Council on December 13, 2022; time to be determined based on the number of applicants.
- The term will commence once a candidate is appointed by a majority vote of the City Council and will expire on December 31, 2023.
- The selected individual will be required to file the necessary paperwork with the State’s Public Disclosure Commission.
The City operates under a Strong Mayor form of government. The seven-member City Council serves as the legislative body of the City. The Council is responsible for setting policy, adopting the annual budget, adopting laws, determining the services to be provided and the funding levels for those services, and appointing citizens to its advisory boards and commissions.
Individuals interested in serving should send a letter of interest and any other materials they deem pertinent for Council to review to:
- City Clerk Kelly Chelin
- Post Office Box 257, Lake Stevens, WA 98258
Letters may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All letters must be received by 5:00 p.m. on November 30, 2022.
Read the full notice here.